Why Small Businesses should focus on Digital Marketing?
In recent years, India has seen an increasing interest in start-ups and an amplified deliberation of people towards being an entrepreneur. But starting up a business needs proper research, planning, and implementation of your ideas and visions along with your product. Every individual who is about to start a business needs to keep in mind the basic but core components of any business. The core components of any business are the administrative wing, production, marketing, human resources, customer service, and sales.
These components are like the clogs of a clock which works best if all the clogs work constantly, simultaneously and industriously. It’s required that appropriate execution and operation are ensured for all these clogs. One of these clogs is marketing which is very important for any company as it enables the product, the ideas of the company and other information to reach the public and helps in boosting and attracting the customer’s curiosity, awareness and finally grasping the product. There are also various types of marketing strategies followed by different entrepreneurs such as paid advertising, stealth marketing, word of mouth, cause marketing, relationship marketing, diversity marketing, transactional marketing, and the most hyped strategy in today’s marketing field is the Internet or Digital marketing.
When the whole world is so addicted to the internet, social media and the digital world what better way to promote your product that digital marketing! You should first understand what exactly is digital marketing and how does it help entrepreneurs? Digital marketing can be defined as the marketing of products and services with the help of digital technologies and the Internet through various online platforms. Digital marketing is a growing industry and totally dependent on technological development. As technology advances with new and enthralling concepts, the consumer’s mindset also updates and this begins a brand new trend. Now any company that’s looking for some exposure needs to adapt to the ever-changing trends and drift accordingly in its marketing strategy as well.
For instance, if you are a start-up company and you are providing the best pest control services in Bangalore and trying to extend your business to other locations, the first thing that you need to do is aware the people of Bangalore that you have this service with you cost and add few attractive features so that people might want to take your services rather than your competitors and start promoting. Now the platform on which you are doing the promotion should be relevant to the crowd you are projecting it to like if you want more Bangaloreans to view your product then the information needs to reach them properly.
Now we all know that metro cities like Bangalore have a hectic lifestyle. You can use digital media like social websites, emails, phone messages, and other digital mediums to reach a number of people than you can do it locally. Traditional advertising options like television, newspaper or radio broadcasts do not give you the desired output that you want today did you know that statistics show that an average adult spends more than 2 hours of the entire day on the internet using social media and other apps. When it comes to children and teenagers, the hours’ increase to an average of 9 hours.
It’s evident that using digital marketing does increase your chances to make a hold in the market. Now let’s look into a few other important factors that compel digital marketing as a mandate for start-up businesses.
- It creates a uniform playing field for all – Bigger companies which have already established a good hold on the market have a lot of money to invest in the advertising sector. But that’s not the case with a start-up. The funding is minimal and this causes hindrance in investing in advertising. Digital marketing levels the playing field for all companies. With effective manipulation of the social media and shared platforms, even a small business can get top rankings and a number of customer emergencies to their website than the bigger corporates. If the company has a great product and best customer service, it becomes easier for them to grip the digital marketing arena as well. As social media is a very transparent platform good reviews and experiences once shared by people who have opted for your service or product might do wonders for the company.
- Maximum people targeted and reached – Every product or service has a targeted audience that they focus on the most. When you are promoting your company in a magazine or newspaper or television, you always see what kind of audience that magazine or newspaper reaches to the most. But when it comes to digital marketing, the range widens by many folds. When you give your advertisement on a social media platform or anywhere there is major traffic signifying that many people access the site, you don’t have to target a specific group of people anymore. When a person logs in he gets the advertisement and if required he avails it or else moves on. But the essence of it is those people who really want something like your service or product also get to know about you and get reached without much hassle.
- Personalized attention to customer – Digital marketing gives you another option to advertise and let your customers know about your product on a personal basis. You can target your audience to a personal level and technically that’s known as segments. Many start-ups use emails to communicate with the customer. This does two things. The first one is it gives the customer control and makes the customer comfortable to sign up for your service or product. In case the consumer is not okay with the email they can simply unsubscribe. Secondly, if you are personalizing the email and sending it to their email, there is a maximum chance that the person opens the email just to check out what exactly is it as compared to advertisements that randomly get attached to the internet pages.
- Keeping options open and easy adaptability – This strategy is best when it comes to investments and finances ventures that you deal with for your campaigns. Rather than hiring 3rd party advertising agencies or people that might draw contracts, the investment options in internet advertising are pretty easy. While displaying ads and search ads you can schedule a daily budget and if you have already got your traffic is flowing you can always stop the marketing at any point in time. No contracts need to be kept in mind or you do not need to start from scratch in case you abruptly end one of the advertisings.
- Respecting what people really want – People are getting irritated with the on-going process of advertisings popping up every time they check out a website or go online. No one wants to be forced to watch advertisements that are not relevant to them. But many companies forget the fact that excessive advertisements might also irate the consumer making them adamant never to try your service or product. However, the beauty of digital marketing is also that it gives you many ways to show the people the respect that they deserve instigating them to look into your product. The content might play a great role in this.
So, if you are a brand new start-up looking for some ideas as to why digital marketing should be given importance, we hope that you get enough reasons to validate your question. Invest wisely in digital marketing, work meticulously & smartly and your start-up might just be the next multi-million company business standing right in the face of your competitor.